INTRODUCTION: WHY POPULATION ISSUES? (January)
Through a variety of presentations, articles, film clips and speakers, students will be presented with an overview of the scope and relevance of issues related to population in India.
PART ONE: THE INDIVIDUAL PORTFOLIO (February/March/April)
- Work independently to research a population-related topic using a variety of academic disciplines.
- Become an “expert” in one topic area.
- Complete a portfolio of work related to this question that includes:
- an analysis of related statistical data
- a research paper with citations
- independent firsthand data-collection
- a creative piece that educates others about your topic
- reflections that document the process and progress of your work
PART TWO: THE GROUP PROJECT (May)
Join a group of several other students who have also become “experts” in their respective topic areas.
Develop and present a campaign aimed at increasing awareness of population-related issues in India while also proposing solutions to them.
Because of its inter-disciplinary nature, the final assessment for the project will appear as a separate “class” on the report card for second semester, and some assessments may be used for individual classes.